Monday, March 3, 2008

4 days in review

On Friday we drove to SLC to pick up grandma and grandpa to drive them up to Boise for grandpas award at the state game. It was a really long drive there on Saturday- I slept maybe an hour, and the rest of it grandma told me that she "was reading" aka, shut up ange... but it was a good time. We got there around 2:30 (its a 5 hour drive maybe 5 1/2 - anyone who says otherwise is on crack) checked in and did all that fun stuff. Adam and I got lost in Nampa- one of the worst planned cities I have ever been to. We drove around for 45 minutes to find a subway, and when we did it was across the street in the Wal Mart... Then at 8 Adam and I walked over to watch the game which neither of us were interested in. At half time we went to the floor. It was in the Idaho Center - I think one of the biggest arenas in Idaho? Anyway, they started announcing the presentation. Most people were uninterested at first, but when they caught the drift everyone started to stand- I got the chills. They were standing for my grandpa! For pretty much all of it the clapping didnt stop. They made all these 80 year old men walk up and down the court. I dont remember the guys' name, but he helped grandpa along, which Dad and Adam and I were really appreciative of. Then they took the teams picture with their new banner that will hang in Preston High School. I was really happy I was there. Grandpa got another plack for the wall and a medal.
A couple hours after my friend came and picked me up and took me back to her apartment at BSU where we hung out. We then went over to our friends' house where they were all trashed and I drove around on a mo-ped, and yes, I want one of my own now. It was good to see them and then my friend drove me back.
Sunday was eventful... we drove to Ogden for Braydens birthday where we went to dinner and had cake and ice cream. I cant believe how big he is! Its just not fair. Hes been running a fever for the past couple of days, but we think its cause hes teething.
Pat and Jess drove the grandparents back to midvale, and we drove through Logan back to Idaho Falls so we could drop Adam off. We got home around 1030, Ive never been so glad to be home! Dad and I had really sore butts from the back of the Derango.
Well today I started my 2nd job at Vanity in the mall. Its super easy and I know my manager from high school so its totally chill. I bought clothes with my new discount which Im feeling slightly guilty for, but oh well! Now Im Sub part time and Im at the mall part time. Maybe Ill get a 3rd job?? who knows!

0 comments: